- WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
The Data Controller is SRO Motorsports Europe Limited (company number 03013210) with a registered address at Tower Bridge House, St Katharine’s Way, London, E1W 1DD (“Controller”).
If you would like to discuss anything in this policy or if you want to exercise your rights, please get in touch:
Please write to us at: SRO Motorsports Europe Limited, 110 Brompton Road, London SW7.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You may provide us with the following types of personal information when you interact with us (when using our website or otherwise):
- Identity – first name, surname, gender, date of birth, country of residence, language, personal description and photograph
- Contact – email address, telephone numbers and address, account password, username and other registration information
- Profile – your preferences for marketing, other website preferences and feedback on your experiences through reviews and surveys
We may collect the following types of information from you when you use our website (using Cookies or other tracking technologies):
- Usage – information about how you use our website, including time spent on page, click-throughs, download errors, traffic, communication data and resources you access.
- Technical – IP address, browser type, hardware type and number, network and software identities, device information, location and time-zone setting, operating system and system configuration.
Where the correct consents have been obtained, we may be provided with the following types of information of yours from our third-party service providers:
- Additional Identity – first name and surname
- Additional Contact – email address, telephone numbers and address and other registration information
- WHICH DATA? WHY? WHICH IS THE LEGAL BASE?
|Reason why we use your data||What data||Legal ground for using your data|
|To administer the Site and for record keeping purposes||All||Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for effective business administration and service provision)
|To provide you with the information and services you request from us||Identity, Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure our customers are informed and satisfied with our services)
|To provide you with information about the goods and services we offer||Identity, Contact||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business, including our events, products and services and to increase our profile)|
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To administer our business and for internal business analysis||Additional Identity, Additional Contact||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business, including our events, products and services and to increase our profile)|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not currently share your personal data with any third-parties.
We may, however, be required to share your personal data with third-parties if required by law or regulation. In such circumstances, we will make sure that the disclosure is only to the extent required by law or regulation.
Personal data is accessed by our duly authorized and trained personnel.
Other subjects who have access to personal data have been appointed as Data Processors. A list of the subjects to whom the Data Controller discloses the personal data collected can be requested at the contact points shown at Par. 1 above.
To administer this Site, SRO uses also Ak Informatica S.n.c., with registered office in via Cremasca n. 1, Azzano San Paolo (BG) - Italy, VAT number 03172330163, Email: email@example.com as data processor.
- WHERE ARE THE DATA?
The data processed by SRO reside on servers located within the territory of the European Union.
We limit the occasions when we may need to send your data outside of the EEA. Where we do, for example, where our service providers or partners are based outside of the EEA, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is still treated fairly and lawfully in all respects (including making sure we have a legal ground for sending your data outside the EEA and putting in place all necessary safeguards for such arrangement).
In these cases, personal data may also reside on servers located in third countries, but always in compliance with the provisions of articles 45 and following of the GDPR. All the necessary precautions will therefore be taken in order to guarantee the most complete protection of personal data, basing this transfer: a) on adequacy decisions of the recipient third countries expressed by the European Commission; b) on adequate guarantees expressed by the third party recipient pursuant to art. 46 of the Regulation; c) on the adoption of binding corporate rules, so-called Corporate binding rules. These requirements are always guaranteed by SRO’s service providers.
Where relevant, you will have the right to see a copy of any safeguards we put in place for international transfers of your data. Just get in touch with us if you would like to find out more.
However, we will retain your personal data only for as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which such data was originally collected (as referred to above), and thereafter for such longer period as may be required by law.
- HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
We have put in place suitable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Despite the security measures we implement, please be aware that the transmission of data via the internet is not 100% secure. On such basis, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to us via the internet and any such transmission is at your own risk.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This Site contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks - for example, to register to the races and access your personal page, you will be redirect to Discord services and sites -, as well as advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
- WHAT ARE THE DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS?
In any moment, as stated by the GDPR, the data subject has the right to obtain from SRO:
- confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data (art. 15 GDPR);
- correction of his or her personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate (art. 16 GDPR);
- obtain the erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten) (art. 17 GDPR);
- deletion or restriction of personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law (art. 18 GDPR);
- an electronic copy of personal data (portability) (art. 20 GDPR);
- the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time (art. 21 GDPR).
To exercise your rights, you can contact the Controller at the addresses write above (Par. 1).
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time either by Contacting Us, amending your Marketing Preferences or by using the opt-out function detailed in the relevant marketing email. Please note that we may still need to send you service notifications by email, such as advising you of updated privacy terms or terms of play.
Furthermore, if data subjects believe that the processing of personal data referring to them carried out through this Site is violating the Regulation, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, as required by art. 77 GDPR, or to act before the judicial authority (Art. 79 GDPR).
- WHAT’S A COOKIE?
Cookies are information stored by the browser when you visit a Web Site using a PC, smartphone, or tablet. Each cookie contains several pieces of data (e.g. the name of the server from which it originates, a numeric identifier, etc.). Cookies can remain in the system for the duration of a session (until the closing of the browser), or for long periods, and may contain a unique identifier.
- WHAT ARE THEY USE FOR?
Cookies are used for different purposes, depending on their type: some are strictly necessary for the correct function of the Web Site (technical cookies), whereas others optimize performance in order to provide the User with a better experience while they are visiting the Web Site. In addition, cookies allow Web Site usage statistics to be obtained, such as cookies analytics; others are for the purpose of displaying advertisements (in some cases advertisements are targeted based on cookie profiling).
The retain period changes referring to different type of cookies and their purposes.
- WHICH KIND OF COOKIES DO YOU USE?
- Strictly necessary and functionality cookies (which DO NOT require your consent):
These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Site and allow you to access its functions (so-called navigation cookies) or to authenticate yourself in the session.
The use of functional cookies is also envisaged, which allow you to store your preferences and settings, thus improving your browsing experience within the site.
To ensure their functionality, these cookies are not usually deleted when the browser is closed; however, they have a predefined duration (generally up to a maximum of 2 years) and after this period they are automatically deactivated. These cookies and the data they collect will in no way be used for other purposes.
The installation of technical cookies takes place automatically following access to the site or to activate certain features (eg by selecting the "remember me" option). At any time you can always decide to disable them by changing the settings of your browser: in this case, however, you may encounter some problems in viewing the site.
- Analytical/performance cookies (which may require your CONSENT):
These cookies keep track of the choices made on the site and data relating to navigation, in order to perform statistical analysis, in an anonymous and aggregate form. These tools can be used only after expressing the user's consent. An exception to this rule is only the case in which the following circumstances occur:
- the IP address has been duly anonymized;
- the information obtained with analytical cookies refer to a single IT resource (site, app, etc.) and are used only in anonymous and aggregate form;
- the cookie provider does not combine the information with other processing and does not pass it on to third parties.
- Profiling cookies (which require your CONSENT):
This site also uses profiling and third-party cookies, whose installation is subject to your prior consent.
Profiling cookies can include different categories, including advertising profiling, retargeting or Social cookies.
• Advertising profiling cookies: create a user profile that allows you to view advertising content in line with the preferences shown while browsing the site;
• Retargeting cookies: they are created in order to send you advertising content relating to the products in which you have expressed interest;
• Social cookies: this site provides for the installation of cookies relating to social network plug-ins. These cookies are managed directly by third parties and allow the display of advertising messages in line with your preferences.
When you access the site, through a special banner you will be informed of the presence of profiling and retargeting cookies and, through it, you can consent or not to their installation. Of course, at any time you can revoke the consent previously given, without prejudice to the possibility of visiting the site and using its contents.
- HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
Control via browser: The browsers commonly used (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) accept cookies by default, but this setting can be changed by the User at any time. This applies to both PCs and mobile devices like tablets and smartphones, and it is a function generally and widely supported.
Therefore, cookies can easily be disabled or turned off by accessing the browser’s options or preferences, and in general third-party cookies can also be blocked. As a general rule, these options will only have an impact on that browser and on that device, unless there are active options to synchronize the preferences on different devices. Specific instructions can be found on the Options page or Help page of the browser itself. Disabling technical cookies, however, may affect the full and/ or proper functioning of different sites, including this one.
Normally, browsers used today:
- offer the “Do not track” option, which is supported by some websites (but not all). Thus, these websites are no longer able to collect certain navigation data;
- offer the option of anonymous surfing or incognito mode: in this way, data will not be collected in the browser and browsing history will not be saved, but the navigation data may still be acquired by the operator of the Web Site that was visited;
- allow the deletion of cookies stored in whole or in part, but after visiting a Web Site again they are usually installed, where such possibility is not blocked.
Below are links to the support pages for the most popular browser (with instructions on how to disable cookies on these browsers):
- Firefox: (https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie);
- Internet Explorer e Microsoft Edge: (https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies );
- Safari: (iOS) on Mac (https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac) and portable (https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265#:~:text=Per%20cancellare%20i%20cookie%20senza,o%20disattiva%20la%20navigazione%20privata);
- Chrome: (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it).
Third-party cookies: When you access the site, through a special banner you will be informed of the presence of profiling and retargeting cookies and, through it, you can consent or not to their installation. At any time, you can revoke the consent previously given, without prejudice to the possibility of visiting the site and using its contents. The installation of profiling, retargeting, analytical and social cookies, including any other activity connected to them, is managed through third-party services. For more information and to enable or disable these cookies, you can access the information provided directly by third-party or using the methods described above (following the links listed in the previous paragraph).
On-line tools: You may note that from http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ you can not only learn more about cookies, but also check the installation of numerous cookies on your browser and/or device and, if supported, also disable them.